12/11/2011

ANCHORS AWAY

   
     When I first saw this picture, I knew I just have to get a tattoo exactly like it. I don't know when and I don't know how but I will somehow even if my parents would completely disapprove of me having tattoos.
     I know anchor tattoos are so cliche, but it just symbolizes so much that I've gone through in life. The way the anchor is pierced through your skin reminds me of all the pain I've had for like my whole life and how the anchor "brings you down", it's just what I need to be permanently drawn on my skin. It would be a reminder to myself that I've survived the pains of life and how I would not let anything bring me down. Sometimes you need to be reminded of how you've survived the past to still go on with your future. Another reason why I want an anchor tattoo is that I have this adoration with boats and seas, I guess I got that from my father since he's a captain and diver, which I also am. There's really nothing better to clear your mind than to feel the sea breeze and see the horizon that divides the sky and sea.
          I have a feeling I'm going to get this tattoo after college so I won't get into much trouble with my parents. Wish me luck.I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment